Always wanted to try to turn silk flowers into plaster, ceramic art.I decided to try my own DIY and they turned out beautiful!
What you need for plaster flowers:
- Plaster of Paris (you can find this at your local hardware store or craft store)
- Artificial Flowers to dip
- Plastic container/spoon and wax paper
Mix some cold water with your plaster powder. Stir until the lumps are out. Mixture should be yogurt consistency
- Remove the stems and leaves from your flowers
- Dip your flower, twirl it around so it is completely covered. Shake off access plaster while you are holding it inside the container. Dip again if you need more coverage
Lay it out to dry on the aluminum foil or simply hang them to dry. Spread or shape the petals if you need to.
Plaster dries out fairly quickly. That is what i Love about that project too! It is so much fun to see that transformation! Now I know how to do it so stay tuned there will be more plastered things coming up soon!