This project idea was triggered by the pine cones that my dear friend send to me couple of weeks ago. They are sitting in a box smelling beautify right now waiting for me to use them. It may be a while so I decided to find a way to display them in my home before they became part of my projects so Let’s make a Rope Bowl! Perfect little rustic accent in any home decor. I have done few projects with Mod Podge and have to admit that this one is one of my favorite ones. My desire was to use a rope. Don’t you just love nice rope crafts? RUSTIC BOWL DIY
ITEMS NEEDED TO MAKE A Bowl
If you are not a big fan of rustic style you can switch that brown rope for a white macrame one and make your bowl diy even more special.
First you need to find a bowl that you like to use as a template. My mixing bowl seemed to be perfect size for my needs.
Steps to make a bowl
- Wrap your bowl tightly with saran wrap as it shows on the pictures below.
- Apply a good amount of a Mod- Podge all over your layer of Saran-Wrap. Make sure to protect your surface …it may be bit messy but I guarantee you it is soo worthy.
- Start to layer your rope around bowl starting at the top as it is shown in the picture below. To my surprise all was nicely sticking together.
- Make sure rope is layered evenly all around without leaving any gaps for a nice uniformed look. I promise it is not difficult at all
The whole wrapping didn’t really take a long time and look how awesome my rope craft look already.
- Apply a thick coat of Mod-Podge to a layered rope. Make sure to cover all. Leave to dry for few hours. I am going to leave mine overnight just to make sure all is dry.
- It is all dry now I hope. Carefully separate bowl from your template and remove inner coating of saran wrap
I couldn’t believe how beautiful it already looks.. and how sturdy it is. So very pleased with what I see so far.
It looks awesome! All layers are nicely attached! Love it my rope bowl diy ! I don’t know if you can see on the picture but there is a small shimmer on the rope. I actually don’t mind it gives a nice touch. If you are not a fan of that you can nicely remove it with dry cloth.
Can’t wait to finally style with my new bowl. For now my pinecones will have a beautiful spot to hang out.
Really love the way my little project turned out! I am for sure going to make more of them! Just noticed my daughter hair ties scattered all over her table! I think she will finally love to have them organize in one of those bowls too. I may choose for her a fun color.
Here are some other twine/ rope projects that I completed
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers.
Hope that you enjoyed our little idea! Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our blog and FOLLOW US on all SOCIAL MEDIA to stay in the loop.
Here is my rope and paper towels wreath. Full tutorial on this project you can find HERE
Here is my favorite Tea Cup made out of regular rope. More directions on how I made that you can find HERE
DID I MENTIONED THAT I LOVE TO MAKE CREPE PAPER FLOWERS ? Full tutorial on how to make one can be found HERE
Mixing rope with embroidery hoops is my favorite! . HERE you will find full tutorial on how to make this awesome hanging basket
Here are some other projects that I completed where rope or twine was a MAIN INGREDIENT. This oval was made around Easter but I am using it all year round … just few new accessories replacement and I am good to go for the new season.
Check our other projects on our blog. Here are some ideas
Love the look of topiary trees, but don’t want to pay the high price tag? Here’s a way to make DIY topiary trees from Dollar Store supplies
Put your imagination to work. Terra Cotta pots are really fun to work with.