Don’t you just love flowers? if you do like me and if you follow me for some time you know that I love to make flowers out of different materials. Love to decorate my home with them. They make also perfect gifts embellishment instead of bows. Today I like to put some crepe paper to work and create a peonies. They are absolutely my favorite flowers in the early summer. Peonies are a very special flower to me. They seriously make my heart smile. They have a short bloom cycle that starts in late spring and ends in early summer. Are you ready to learn how to make crepe paper peonies? Let’s have fun paper crafting
Supplies Needed to Make Crepe Paper Peonies
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
As you can see I chose my colors and it is time to go to work. You will need 3 different colors. Light yellow and green will make my peonies “heart” as I call it and pink crepe paper will serve as my flower petals.
- Pieces that you need – 2″ x 8 yellow paper , 1.5″ x12 light green , 3″x12 – 4 strips
- cut your yellow paper into a 1/4″ fringe and twist each cut piece
- repeat the same step with light green piece but NO TWISTING needed
- fold your pink crepe paper in half. Shape short side of each rectangle into mini triangular cuts. That step is optional but I like to have additional flare on my peonies
- stretch gently each crepe paper peonies petal in the middle. My peonies have usually around 30 to 40 petals in total.
Crepe Paper Flower Assembly
- cut your floral wire and start wrap your twisted yellow paper around it. A bit of hot glue at the beginning of the assembly will be very helpful
- wrap your smaller strip around
- our little center is done and it is time to add peonies leave one by one. I like to gently overlap each petal. I like to secure them with a small dab o hot glue
- It is always a good idea to flip your flower to make petals assembly easy. That is my easy tip in flower paper crafting.
As you can see flower peonies are forming beautifully. Look at that beautiful detailed peonies “heart “Did you notice a volume that little stretching brought to overall look ?Don’t you just love paper crafting?
Had to take a break for a while and examine my crepe paper peonies for a bit and see if I need to add some more. If you follow me for some time you know I love my flowers full.
I had so much fun and made one more but this time I didn’t add any flare to each petal before stretching to show you a difference … It is not big but there is some
As you can see the more petals on peonie the better it looks… at least in my eyes.
Crepe Paper Flowers always look beautiful
Just to recap whole tutorial I decided to attach a video on how to make peonies out of crepe paper. Check my video below and as you are there make sure to SUBSCRIBE to my channel.
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
if you enjoyed that tutorial you may like to check other flower tutorials on my BLOG below
If you love HYDRANGEAS here is super easy tutorial from Coffee Filters