If you love to make flowers you may actually like this project… We decided at my Creative Club to challenge ourselves with making some flowers arrangements out of any material. My choice was coffee filters. Did you know coffee filters make awesome flowers? I have made lots of projects with coffee filters. You can check some of them HERE Today I like to make some rose bouquet for my lonely container. There are so many ways to fold roses out of coffee filters but let’s concentrate on the easiest one today. Let’s learn how to make coffee filters easy rose. Let’s have fun in this coffee filter flowers diy
Supplies needed to make coffee filters roses
- “>paint or food coloring
Ok .. we got all together! As you know coffee filters come in white or brown,It is time to have fun coloring them . Check out below for my post about that. Don’t be afraid of color. Keep in mind coffee filters will dry couple shades lighter.
HERE is my basic recipe on how I get some color on my coffee filters
So here is the vase I like to work with. Coffee Filters rose diy. There is nothing wrong with it but I do want to get it a bit lighter.
I decided to put some chalk paint to use and dry brush a bit all around. If you follow me for some time you know I will be squeezing some gold to it too
coffee filter flowers diy in progress
I am going to let my container dry as we make our coffee filters flowers .
How to make Easy Coffee Filter Roses
You know I love my flowers full but for this one you will only need 3 coffee filters.
- fold your coffee filter twice to form a big triangle
- round off edges
and you will end up with scalloped coffee filter that looks like clover like form.
- take one of the cut filters and cut a tip off to form opening . Cut a slip of all coffee filters to the center to make folding much easier . We are so close to see out first coffee filter rose
- take a floral wire and lets begin. I like to start coffee filter roses with the filter that has a center of it cut out
- Start by gluing the end of the wire to the end of your first coffee filter. Now start to twist the filter around the wire, until its all wrapped around. I like to twist and squish the end.
- Wrap one of the scalloped filters on next. You can add a tiny dot of hot glue at the start to help it stay in place. Secure with a dot of glue when you come to the end. Now wrap the other scalloped filter the same way..beginning with a tiny dot of glue, and starting it a tiny bit below the previous one. As you wrap, you can manipulate the petals out to form a flower. The filters are pretty tough, and can handle some tweaking. End with a dot of glue.
- time to mold some of outer layers of coffee filters to your likings
This is always the best part of flower making .. playing with its layers. I am going to concentrate for sure on those as my bouquet will be coming alive
Hope that you learned how to make coffee filter rose
If you like to see a video recap on this process plus some more dying tips check VIDEO BELOW
I so enjoy making those roses. If you checked video above you will learn that there is other way to cut to filters to make a center of our paper flower more interesting
Time to add some foam to my dry container and it is time to enjoy flower arranging and have for sure lots of fun
Here is another easy rose made out of felt. Make sure to check full tutorial with video HERE
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
Other coffee filters projects on my BLOG
This coffee filter pumpkin was the one I had so much fun making. Check details HERE