If you follow me for some time you know that I love to make flowers. It seams that they run in my DNA. I have been making them since I was a little girl with my Mom. Make sure to check my blog and my YouTube Channel for lots of flower making ideas. Today I would like to share with you a simple and easy felt flower tutorial that we will use to make a wreath. Embroidery hoop is my favorite wreath base material.
Items needed to make a Felt Flower Wreath
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
Steps on How to make easy Felt Flower
- Let’s begin and make our Felt Flower petals. Cut 3 ” wide and around 12 ” long strip out of your felt.
- fold your felt into 2 ” squares and round of top portion of each square
- cut 1.5″ x 5″ strip of another color of felt that will be used to make our felt flower center
- Make small cuts on the the side of that strip
Easy Flower assembly
- all pieces are ready and it is time to start to assemble our felt flower. I like to use wooden bead and roll my fringed strip around it. Of course a small dab of hot glue at the beginning would be helpful
- I like to shape my petals a bit and create a scoops. Little bit of hot glue in the middle of each petal will do a great job
- align flower petals around fringed center slightly overlapping each other
And our flower is assembled and ready to be installed on a wreath. I like to use embroidery hoop as a base for my wreath.
Just because I had so much fun making that felt flowers 14 inch embroidery hoop seemed to be perfect size to accommodate all my felt flowers.
Felt leaves that I had for the longest time in my craft area really brought all together. If you have a green felt you can make them yourself by simply cutting a little tears like shapes.
a little bit of ribbon of your choice and my embroidery hoop wreath was done.
Couldn’t be pleased with how my home made paint stir sticks shutters look now.
it is so hard to decide where my freshly made Embroidery Hoop Wreath should stay now. It really looks super cute on my cabinet too. I may actually make another one accommodate other door…hmm
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
you may like to check other posts on my BLOG and YouTube Channel
Felt also makes perfect Hydrangea flowers too that I may actually use in my fall wreath. More details on how to make Hydrangea flowers click HERE
HERE ARE SOME FELT FLOWRS ON THE MINI GRAPEVINE WREATH . All info can be found HERE
here are some other ideas for my wreath- Sunflower farmhouse Fall wreath