Don’t you just love flowers? If you follow me for hot second you know I see flowers everywhere. They make so happy! Love to be surrounded by flowers. I use them to decorate gifts instead of bows. Fresh Flowers can be expensive so I am on the mission to keep them alive by simply making them. I have used so many different materials to make them. I can say that depending on the material you are using the same flower have a a bit different characteristics. Today I would like to share with you how to make magnolia flower out of coffee filters. Coffee filters are super inexpensive flower making material so if you are a beginner I would say start from there . Coffee filter flowers give you almost instant reward! Shall we make some magnolias today ? Are you ready to learn how to make some easy flowers ?
Supplies needed to make coffee filter magnolia
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
There is not much coloring needed for this flower since I like to keep my magnolia flower white but if you like HERE is the way I color my coffee filters. Super easy to add some beautiful colors.
Simple way to color your filters for your floral projects. ALL DETAILS HERE
How to make magnolia flower from coffee filters
- you will need 3 different colors of coffee filters. Yellowish and brown for the magnolia center. White for petals
- fold color filters into third and cut half way through to create a fringe like look
- cut filters in half and roll them together to create nice cluster that will serve as our flower center
- take 3 white coffee filters and fold twice. Start your wide angle cut from the third of your fold
your coffee filter flower is slowly starting to form
- cut the tip of your folded petals
- insert your center into each layer of white coffee filter and secure that with tiny tab of hot glue. Remember to place them randomly so petals don’t align with each row. We love to create full looking magnolia flower
- little bit of smoching here and there and our first coffee filter Magnolia flower is done
- just because I had this perfect branch I decided add all those flowers I made to a brunch just with a bit of hot glue
Did I tell you I love Magnolia Flower ? I even tried to make one out of Burlap. See my video HERE
Learn how to make Magnolia flower out of Burlap HERE
I have so much fun making magnolia’s that I do incorporate them into all . On my last Facebook LIve i decised to have fun with mixed media where my new style Magnolia flower was it .
Which coffee filters magnolia version is your favorite?
Perfect way to use your fresh coffee flitters blooms
Hydrangeas are another passion of mine . Learn how to make those coffee filter clusters HERE
Here is a recap video on my Facebook page HERE
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
I even tried to make them out of burlap ribbon ! Check all details HERE
OR WATCH VIDEO OF WHOLE PROCESS BELOW
Other projects on the BLOG
If you enjoyed this project you may like to put coffee filters to use and create some roses. Full tutorial HERE
Flowers are not the only craft you can make with coffee filters. You must check this pumpkin HERE