You don’t even know how happy I am finally share that recipe with you all. It is a dish that I always begged my Mom to make. It is time to put this recipe on my blog. Are you ready to make with me Cheese Babka? Perfect sweet babka bread is like pastry that can be served for breakfast with your tea or coffee. It is a must sweet bread to be served at our Easter brunch. It is our polish cheese babka.
Ingredients needed to make sweet Cheese Babka
- 1 package active dry yeast (.25 ounce package)
- 1 pinch white sugar
- ¼ cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup lukewarm milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 ½ cups farmers cheese
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- optional add 1 T of lemons zest
How to make Cheese Babka as my Momma made
Sprinkle the yeast and the pinch of sugar over the warm water; stir to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, milk, and 3 eggs in a bowl with 1 cup of flour and mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture and beat for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding small amounts of flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Shape the dough into a round, and place it in a greased bowl, turning to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours. Even if it takes longer it is ok
How I make babka filling
- Beat together the farmers’ cheese, –
- 1/3 cup sugar, sour cream,
- -1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and dried lemon peel (optional ) until smooth.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 10-inch by 12-inch rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Spread the cheese filling evenly over the dough.
- Bring together edges and pinch the seams and ends closed and arrange in the greased pan. I like to use my bundt cake
Cover loosely and let rise 1 hour.
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F
Bake the babka until deep golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes; babka needs to cool for at least 2 hours before slicing.
Do you see that cheese on the side ? Omg I so want to taste it now
Omg .. perfect Easter sweet bread that for now I will enjoy as my breakfast pastry or mid day snack. Polish cheese babka at its best with cheese oozing …yumm
Easter Sweet Babka is absolutely my favorite !!
Easter sweet babka
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers.
Other sweets on my Blog
Those turnovers are so easy to make. All details can be found HERE
PUFF PASTRY ROSES. are another favorite recipe of mine that of course my Mom showed me