I like to share with you a super easy and quick to make Caramel Popcorn recipe. The one that doesn’t use corn syrup so that is a plus!! It is my favorite recipe by far! Super quick and delicious!
It has quickly risen up the list of most requested family treats!
Ingredients that you need
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 tsp Vanila
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- 10 cups of popcorn
So let’s begin!
We usually pop our own popcorn straight from kennels so it has no additional flavoring. That is another fun activity that I like to do with my daughter!
We usually use Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet Popcorn Kernels
Follow directions on the back of container. We are usually using our frying pan to pop our popcorn and as you can see love to observe the whole action under the lid
Start with approximately 10 cups of popcorn. Make sure you get out all of the un-popped kernels.
Let’s make a caramel now
- melt on the medium heat 1 cup of butter
- Add 1 cup of light brown sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stirring continuously, bring the butter and sugar mixture up to a boil on medium heat for about 5 minutes
- add 2 tsp of vanila and mix thoroughly
- add 1/2 tsp baking soda at the end . It will slightly change its color but caramel will be lighter and smoother to mix with popcorn
Mix your popcorn in parts with your caramel by gently folding it . Leave on the flat surface to cool off
Drizzle the caramel mixture over the popcorn. Use a spoon to gently fold the popcorn with the mixture until the kernels are all covere
This Easy Homemade Caramel Corn is super delicious – buttery with a distinct yummy caramel taste. And it could not be easier to make. Make up a batch for your family, you won’t be sorry!