Love to make my own Christmas cards every year for my close friends and family. They always bear significant implications that we cannot find in the bought cards in a stores. Not going to even mention that homemade Christmas cards are budget friendly too! So, shall we begin?
There is not much that you need for that project. My favorite material to create cards on is thick brown packing paper that you can get at any office supply store or hardware store. Ribbon, buttons, yard twigs, twine and doilies are material I use most of the time.
Christmas tree are my favorite way to decorate my cards with. Yes you can cut triangles, stripes or squares and fold the into tree shape but I like to show you how I fold my circles to make a simple tree.
Paper folded Christmas Tree
- Trace a circle on a paper. It doesn’t matter what size … bigger circle means bigger trees and cut it out.
- cut circle in half
- -Then take one of the outer edges and fold it over to about the center of the half circle.
- Pick the pointy corner and fold it backwards until it meets the straight edge across from it and makes a little tree topper
- Turn the whole thing over and fold it back over on itself so that it makes a Christmas tree with rounded bottom shape.
- flip back over and now you can see a front of our tree
and you are done! We have a nice cooking paper Christmas tree.You can use it to decorate your Christmas cards , gifts or even be your gift tag!
And it is time to glue it to our card to a paper and decorate a bit. You could use cutouts that you have handy like I did or make a pretty bow as a topper. I don’t think anything else is needed but it is up to you how are you going to decorate it.
Here is a recap video with more ideas so check it out and as you are there SUBSCRIBE to stay in the loop
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers.
Here are some other CHRISTMA CARDS ideas that I put together in a video. Check it and SUBSCRIBE when you are there and HIT that BELL to be notified every time we post a new video.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products
you may like our other last minute ideas