We are not food bloggers but we do love to cook all from scratch. We love to make our meals and desserts so according to my daughter we need to have all of them in one place .. our BLOG. Today I decided to share with you our favorite most delicious and super easy to make BANANA BREAD RECIPE. It is so good that I can’t keep it for next day to have with my coffee. If you follow me for some time you know I do use all what I have in crafting so in cooking I am very similar. My mother taught me to put to use all that I have.
I have grown my garden herbs and vegetables from scraps. You can read about that HERE and also baked my bread!! Check my Mom’s recipe below
Home Made No-Knead Bread Another super easy recipe that allows me to spend more time crafting. My Mom loved to cook!
My daughter loves cooking as much as I love crafting and home decor so you are going to be treated here and there with our favorite and of course easy to make recipes. One of the latest my daughter wanted me to share with you was her Cinnamon Rolls
How to make Easy Banana Bread
Banana bread recipe that we like to share with you is super easy and delicious way to put all those ripe bananas to use. The riper the bananas, the better the bread. I use bananas that have lots of black spots on it. It is our sweetest secret , our sweetness payoff.
Things you need
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/3 cup mashed bananas ( I am well known to double amount of bananas too )
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, add up to 1/2 cup (optional)
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease and flour a 9″x 5″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the vanilla extract, eggs, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add this dry mix into the banana mixture and stir just until incorporated into the wet mix. DO NOT over mix or this will result in a dense bread. Add in the nuts and mix until well distributed throughout the mix.
4. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve!
I like to fill my loaf pans half way through as shown below.
If you are going to be using smaller then 9×5 loaf pans like me in this recipe you need to cut your cooking time in half. Always use your toothpick to check if it is cooked. You like your toothpick to come out clean. Mini loaf pans make perfect size bread for gift giving.
- Omit the nuts if you do not like nuts.
- 2 1/3 cups of mashed bananas equals approximately 5 medium sized bananas.
- Chocolate chips can be substituted for nuts or use a mix of both.
Don’t you just want to grab a bite? I have such a hard time to keep that bread for long in my house. I was lucky to make some pictures ..lol that is how good it is!
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers.