Time to set in stone another Momma recipe … Super delicious and super easy to make Apple Crisp!! My favorite fall dessert. Perfect Thanksgiving apple dessert. Have you ever made one?
Ingredients to make Apple Crisp
- 6 golden delicious apples, peeled and chopped – (other varieties can be used, can also be sliced)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, ( divided between two parts of this recipe)
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- pinch of kosher salt
Before we go to direction lets talk about apple peels. My Momma didn’t peel her apples and I loved it. I think I wasn’t picky like my kids are. There is no wrong doing here. Both ways will work the same way . Wish my kids would understand that apple with skin contains up to 332% more vitamin K, 142% more vitamin A, 115% more vitamin C, 20% more calcium and up to 19% more potassium than a peeled apple.
How to make Old Fashioned Apple Crisp Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter small baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients (brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter). Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the oat mixture, using a slight downward twisting motion, until mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs. Alternatively, you can use two forks or even your hands to cut butter into the mixture.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
Serve warm and enjoy
Absolutely delicious dessert that will pair up with your coffee perfectly!
Thanksgiving apple dessert at its best that can be served with ice cream.
Another favorite fall desserts