Today I like to share with you our other favorite recipe that took a long while to master. We are making today super easy Acai Bowl. Super healthy nutritious breakfast option or dessert. This recipe was actually mastered by my daughter. It took so many tries to get it right. We were constantly missing something in it that we tasted at our local smoothie shop but didn’t know what that was. Magda is almost mini me when it comes to cooking and baking … She is super stubborn. Of course I had some involvement in it too simply by encouraging her to keep trying. Today is the day !!! We finally got it and I am so excited to share that with you. Perfect nutritious meal anytime of the day
But before we go there I like to tell you a bit about Acai. I have learned so much since my daughter introduced that delicious , super nutritious breakfast “healthy spoon “to me
Acai berries are a Brazilian “superfruit.” They’re native to the Amazon region where they’re a staple food.
Acai Facts that I found
- They are loaded with ANTIOXIDANTS
- Acai can IMPROVE CHOLESTEROL LEVELS
- They have possible ANTI-CANCER EFFECT
- This fruit can BOOST BRAIN FUNCTIONS
When I read all that and tasted simple Acai bowl we knew we were hooked. The only problem we had was how expensive that nutritional bowl can be. That is another factor why I wanted to try with Magda re-create that at home hopefully for much lower cost. We treat that bowl as a healthy breakfast or sometimes we have it as a healthy dessert
Supplies needed to make Acai Bowl
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
- Acai frozen pockets
- “>Classic Granola
There are so many kinds of Frozen Acai Fruits packs. This seemed to be my favorite that can be easily found at your local grocery stores in the freezer sections
Steps on how to make Easy Acai bowl
- 1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup of 2 different frozen fruits. I like to use mango and blueberries
- 1 whole banana
- Blend all together until there are no more chunks . It usually takes about 5 minutes to blend all nicely. No matter how strong your blender is you will need to stir your mix here and there with spoon to help things out a bit. It is tempting to add more liquid to it but please DON’T. We need this to be super thick. It needs to be consistency of ice cream.
- My daughter likes to add some Chia seeds at the end but that is optional.
Chia seeds are full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
I am literally drooling as I write that post …lol
Acai Bowl assembly
There is art to Acai Bowl assembly
- you start with little bit of granola on the bottom of your bowl
Cover that with your mix . Wow can you see how nice and thick that mix is?
- sprinkle again some granola on the side
- cover with your favorite fresh fruit that you have on hand
nutritious breakfast or healthy dessert
Drizzle a bit of honey all over the top and you are done. As you can see Magda loves to use fork
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers.
other favorite recipes by Magda