I like to share with you today couple of rustic projects that I used to do with my mom growing up in Eastern Europe. I learned sooo much from her! We didn’t have much but had so much fun crafting together. We used every day items in our crafts…. paper, book pages , fabric and even clothes pins. I have shared already few of them on my blog so make sure to check it out. Today I would like to show you few flowers made out of burlap ,rope/ jute. Precious little detail to decorate your wreaths with or pretty embellishment while gift wrapping. Perfect farmhouse burlap flower diy
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
Items needed to make burlap flower
How to make an easy burlap flower – rustic embellishment
- cut your burlap. I had 6 inch wide ribbon so it was easy. My preferable size of burlap is 10 inches long by at least 6 inches wide but that is up to you once you get a hang of process.
- start to pull a thread leaving around 1 inch on the bottom
- continue pulling thread untill you reach the other side of 6 inches leaving again 1 inch
- fold your burlap in half and secure edges with hot glue
- start to roll your strip of burlap to roll our flower.
- our little burlap flower is taking its shape. Open up and adjust your flower and secure it with a dab of hot glue reinforced buy a thread, ribbon rope , lace or anything you have available
- I love wooden beads but buttons will work beautifully too . My farmhouse burlap flower diy is coming together.
Our little wreath embellishment or gift wrapping charm is ready. Wonder what do you think . How to make rustic embellishment for wreath making
Make sure to check those easy roses below
You can use them anywhere.. My cans that I just made look awesome with those burlap flowers.
Love making flowers out of different materials. Make sure to check how to make perfect rose HERE
Farmhouse DIY Planters are perfect evergreen decor
HERE is another burlap flower. I decided to make a Magnolia. I absolutely love its look. Another perfect accent for wreath making detail as embellishment
Love to craft with burlap! Check this stunning take on fall decor HERE
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers