I need to admit I really don’t decorate much for Valentines Day but I do love some evergreen decor that I can keep all year round. This project came alive because my window herb garden wasn’t doing tooo good ..It is winter after all … so I decided to spruce it up a bit and create something fun until good strong sun will come along. It may not be evergreen decor but you never know . I may need to find a different house for my herbs. Let’s have fun creating Rustic home decor heart garden out of book pages craft . Who doesn’t love good upscycle home decor DIY that now will serve as my Valentines decor.
I had almost all ready from my herb garden so not much work was needed to change my mini clay pots vignette. Here is more details about my herb garden
All I had to do is to create my heart flowers and to do that I needed florist wire and some book pages. I am positive you have all that at home so my project literally doesn’t cost even a $1
Florist wire as you know usually comes in a green color …at least mine did so i spray painted it black just because I had that color at the house.
Directions to create Heart Garden-Book pages craft
- I have 3 mini terra cotta pots that I like to fill out with those book pages flowers so my plan is to use 3 or 4 in each. I started to cut around 10 inches long pieces of wire and loop them really good at the end to create sort of mini balloons
- shape them into irregular hearts of different size and hot glue them onto book pages
- cut them out on the outside of the wire
- just to bring a bit of color I decided to use book page painted in red and repeated same steps as above
- use paper or foam to fill bottoms of your terra cotta post to nicely secure your flowers inside
- fill in pots with shredded paper or like me with moss and you are done … Don’t you just love upscycle home decor?
Here is my video recap if you prefer to my Rustic Valentines day Home decor idea
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
Here are some more BOOK PAGES decor ideas for the Valentines day
or if you prefer here is a video
What about simply a delicious and super easy budget friendly dessert for the Valentines day ?