Cake balls are my daughter favorite dessert to make. They are sort of truffles too that we love a lot! We love to celebrate special occasions with a good dessert or a treat. Our first cake balls were not planned ..they were made again by accident because Mommy that means me is not really good in a baking department. One day one of our cakes broke and we didn’t have time to make a new one so that is how cake balls became popular dessert to make in our house. This time we like to share with you our Champagne version of cake balls also known as truffles. Perfect Champagne treats for a teenagers too.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
- Strawberry cake mix
- 1 1/h champagne .. I used Rose champagne but you can use any champagne
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- white cake frosting 16 oz
Steps to make Champagne cake balls treats
- Mix cake mix ,champagne, oil and eggs together until mixture is smooth
- Bake at 350 for 35 min according to box directions or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove cake and let it cool
- Crumble your cake
- mix with white cake frosting until evenly combined and chill for at least 2 hours
- Once cool form small balls. I like to use tablespoon to pick my cake so all balls are fairly even in size. Cool them for another hour in the refrigerator. Our little Champagne cake truffles
- 24 ounces white chocolate
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth.
- Remove the balls from the fridge and dip them one at a time into the melted chocolate, use a fork to scoop them out. TIP – to achieve a smooth chocolate coating add 1 tsp of oil into chocolate. Lay them on the wax paper lined baking sheet and let them harden completely.
Drizzle over with remainder of chocolate and add some sprinkles like we did and you are done!
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
you may like to check our other favorite recipes…Here are couple below
Kippi at Home is simply the best with her desserts. Check out her