As I was going through my yarn basket to organize it all and I noticed that I have one lonely ball of chunky yarn. I forgot all about it! It was a leftover from my super cozy blanket that I made last year. It’s time to put that ball of yarn into use! It is not much I could do it with one but maybe it will be enough for a some small wreath. It is time to make Chunky yarn White Christmas Cozy wreath DIY. Let’s make braided Wreath using embroidery hoop as a base.
Things you need to create Braided Chunky Yarn Wreath
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
- Ball of Chunky yarn ( mine is Chenille)
- Embroidery hoop or anything round that will serve as a frame
- Ribbon or anything you like to decorate it with ( I still don’t know)
Love to work with chunky yarn! Don’t you? Let’s braid! Time to refresh our crochet skills too.
- Let’s make a simple chain – make a little pretzel with your chunky yarn as it is shown in the picture below to start our chain
- make it tight knot and start to loop the yarn through the opening as it it shown below
- continue looping until you reach your desired length. Just slightly longer then a perimeter of embroidery hoop.
My yarn is chunky but not chunky enough to look good over my embroidery hoop. So breading our chains is the solution. That means you need to make 3 chains.
- tie the ends of 3 chains and start to braid. Make sure it is a loose braid.
- use pieces of yarn to and tie your braid on one side of embroidery hoop. Wrap on the back of the wreath with yarn to cover a hoop. Embroidery hoops are perfect for wreath making.
There is really no wreath in my house without a bow… It seams that my Simple Easy Folded Bow will fit perfectly. Check my YouTube for tutorial.
Simple Easy Folded Bow
Didn’t have much on a hand to decorate with … will work on that but for now our embroidery hoop wreath is going to be decorated with little lights. Winter snowflake wooden lights.
And we are done! White Braided Chunky Yarn Christmas Wreath DIY is done.
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers.
You may like to check our other Christmas projects we finished. There are lots! Just type Christmas in a search box and they will all pop in the front of you