Here it goes again .. another STAR. It is 5 pointed easy star. Just in time to make beautiful Christmas decorations. I like to make them out of different materials but my favorite is music or scrapbook paper. I like to make them in different sizes and display them on my fireplace or simply hang them on the tree. Paper crafting is my favorite. First we need to learn how to make an octagon since that is a base for this paper star.
Check those awesome stars out there! Don’t you just love them ?
Materials needed to make 5 pointed star
- paper of your choice
I am not an expert in Origami but love to fold things or two. For this particular star we need to start with Pentagon. You can print it off internet or simply follow easy instructions that I am going to provide you with to start. Make sure to check my video at the end of this post
Let’s start from the beginning and fold an Octagon in our star paper crafting
How to make a Pentagon
- Time Fold the square in half:
- Next step is to Fold up the bottom left corner to the top, then unfold again.
- Next Fold the top left corner to the bottom, then unfold again.
- Fold the bottom right corner to the center of the X-shaped crease.
Lots of folding but we are getting there
- Fold the top layer in half.
- fold left side to the middle
- Turn over the paper. Then fold in half along this line. There is going to be a tiny pocket
- Cut along the edge (top of pocket) of the top layer
- Unfold, and you have a perfect pentagon
now it is time to fold our 5 pointed Christmas Star .. all is ready !!! Are you excited ?
How to fold 5 pointed Easy Star
- Fold the pentagon in half through each of its points and unfold again,
- Fold up the bottom edge so that the corners meet the creases you just made:
- Unfold again, then make the same fold for all the other sides of the pentagon, so that you have a set of creases on each point of the star.
make sure that each corner from the bottom of pentagon is touching a crease we just made
- Fold in the left edge along one of the creases you just made. Then fold up the bottom edge, at the same time pulling the corner of the pentagon out to the left like this. Squash the fold flat.
- Starting with the pentagon completely unfolded, pinch all the corners together and squash them toward the center. This step requires a bit of maneuvering so make sure to check VIDEO BELOW. Your goal is for paper to collapse into a star shape.
- Turn over the star.
- Fold in the right edge to the center line, like in the picture below
- Work clockwise around the star, do the same thing for all the other arms
VOILA !!! STAR IS DONE !!
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
Other star Projects on my blog can be found HERE
Love paper stars? Make sure to to watch this project HERE
Love making stars so here is my wooden beads one