If you follow me for hot minute you already know that I like to work with every day things and incorporate them in to my home decor. My Mom was awesome at that and I am soo glad I was paying attention. We have used paper , scraps of fabric, twigs and even plastic containers to craft with. Today i like to show you one of my all time favorite craft that my Mom taught me. Let’s make whimsical evergreen grapevine wreath. We love to make wreaths .. especially evergreen wreaths that with change of couple of embellishments will change into next season. Don’t you just love evergreen wreaths? Let’s make one of those little pieces today. To tell you the truth that little project will make perfect tiered tray accessory too. Are you ready for some cute mini jute twine hat diy
Supplies needed to complete whimsical evergreen grapevine wreath
- grapevine wreath
- hot glue and glue sticks
- plastic container
- jute twine
- floral picks and ribbon
I decided for the purpose of this post to use solo medium cup just to show you steps. The bigger cup you use the bigger hat you are going to make. Since I made already big one I decided to show you on the the smaller side
Directions to make whimsical wreath are super easy
- cut cup of your choice down 70 % i would say every inch or so . That will determine our hat size
- take your jute and secure on the bottom of your cup with hot glue. Make sure to do that in a nice way since that is going to be a center of our hat
- wrap your uncut portion with twine securing every other line with hot glue . When you get to portion where you cut your cup make sure to press on the top to have those cut pieces spread and begin layering your twine on spread strips. That will form your hat rim
You can already see our little jute twine hat diy taking its shape
- wrap your rim either to the end of cut strips or if you are using bigger cut to the point you are happy with how it looks
Do you see that little flair on the rim of this hat ? I so love when things flow and take matters to its hands. That was the most rewarding portion of the project when I was a little girl
- time for some embellishments!! My favorite part. It is all depending on the season and your preference. I chose to use my mini floral picks that I had on hand.
Don’t you think this mini hat diy will beautifully accessorize tiered trays
Tiered tray accessory or wreath decor ? You pick
If you like to learn how to make a rose out of felt CHECK HERE
Did I mention that I love to make flowers ? Here is my aluminum can flower
not going to lie .. I just have a hard time figuring perfect place for this hat… It will take a while till that happens but for now here are some pictures.
I do believe I need to look for more long picks at the Dollar Tree
Wonder what you think about that hat positioning
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers.
Other ideas on the Blog
I love me some budget friendly decor. Here is some more ideas for your tiered tray !
You are not going to believe what I used to make that carrot! HERE are more details
HERE is my take on the other Grapevine wreath