Have you tried a crepe yet ? If not you are missing out! Crepes are not only perfect breakfast food but they are also make awesome dessert. Before we get to all details let’s go over simple basic crepe recipe. I know my kids will look at my blog looking for this recipe one day because I do know they love crepes. Easy healthy meal in any version . Cheese blintzes are my favorite
Savory kind – These would make great breakfast crepes and also make a dinner or “brinner.” Serve them with flavored cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon, ham, sausage, mushroom, shredded chicken, scrambled eggs and even roasted vegetables.
Sweet dessert kind – A “crepe cake” is very popular in this category and it’s made with stacked layers and various creamy, fruity fillings.
- 1 ¾ cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp extra light olive oil or vegatable oil
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, measured then sifted
- oil or butter, greasing pan
Instructions on how to make basic crepe easy
- In a bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, salt, and milk.
- Add the flour to the mixture and mix again until all the flour is incorporated.
- Grease the skillet with baking spray.
- Once the skillet is hot, turn heat to medium/high. Pour the crepe batter into skillet and swirl around the skillet so the batter is evenly spread in skillet. Little of batter goes a long way ..The thinner crepes the better
- Once the bottom of crepe is golden, flip the crepe and cook until bottom is golden.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Recipe makes around 10-12 of them
You can flll those with fruit filling that I often add to my turnovers .. see details HERE
My all time favorite kind is the ones with cottage cheese .. Some of you know them as Blintzes
Check below quick cheese filling
- 22.5 oz – 24 oz farmer’s cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or sour cream
I usually add filling mostly in the center ..fold it and add back to pan to get nice crispness to outside. You can serve them with powder coated gently with powder sugar or with you favorite jam