Are you ready to explore some fun craft with Jenga Blocks today straight from Dollar Tree? Do you find yourself trying to do something cool with Jenga Block ? I have used them in so many projects so far that I will one by one share with you on my blog or on my social media or my YouTube channel. Today I would like to put my Jenga blocks into special use and make a candle holder or lamp. Don’t you just love good budget friendly projects? Shall we start our Dollar Tree Jenga block craft? Modern Farmhouse lamp shade diy
Items you need to complete Jenga Blocks Candle Lamp DIY
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
- 2 packages of Dollar Tree Jenga blocks
- Glass vase – I bought mine at Dollar Tree too
- Stain or Paint
- Hot Glue Gun and Gorilla Glue Sticks
Steps to make Jenga blocks Candle Lamp
I like to start my project with adding a stain to my Jenga blocks so it nicely fit into my home decor. I like to use my water stain wood stain for that. It for sure it is easier to work with and it doesn’t have much of a strong smell of stain
- My original thought was to simply use my lid to stain them simply just by dipping them into my favorite color. Change my decision really quickly because I didn’t want them to be very saturated
- I always wipe my stain with rug or paper towel after to make sure stain is nicely distributed. As I was doing that I noticed that my paper towel alone will stain just enough my blocks so that was my new way of working now. Simply wipe one piece of Jenga block by one in your paper towels
Jenga blocks craft.
- Love how they turned out … Paper towel really helped me to control shade of my stain.
- Let the fun begin …let’s install my Dollar Tree Jenga blocks on my glass cylinder that I also purchased there.
- Little bit of gorilla hot glue on a center of each block will nicely adhere them to my glass vase. I like to add my glue to wider portion of my Jenga block so it does have that slick Modern Farmhouse look … and of course I only have 2 packages …lol. I am stretching my work as I go
- As you can see blocks are really not touching each other and the is ok because you do want to leave a opening for light to come through.
I absolutely love how my Dollar Tree craft come together! So enjoy my Jenga Block craft! Don’t you?
My lamp shade is growing so fast and I am soo anxious to see it done. Always loved to play with blocks when I was a little girl so this lamp diy was actually super fun project to relax with.
Just like that my Modern Farmhouse Jenga Block Lamp diy is completed! Total cost $3 … That is what I am talking about budget friendly craft that also looks super cool. Hope that you agree with me on that.
Couldn’t be pleased with overall look of that Dollar Tree craft. I can hear that my daughter is already making plans on her vignettes in her bedroom….. No other choice then make another one really soon.
I can’t wait to make some pictures later on when a candle or LED LIGHT light inside of my candle up…
Please Save This To Pinterest or Share on Social Media
Friends, your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. A quick share to Facebook or save to Pinterest allows me to bring more home decor projects and crafts to more home decor DIY lovers
Here are other budget friendly craft ideas on my BLOG.
If you are curious on how to make that a flower check tutorial below